Your weekly weekend podcasting source recaps the biggest news in anticipation of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Youko returns with Super and TonyTH to discuss the delayed Nintendo Direct and what Smash Bros. reveal could be incoming, an email tip about wireless Gamecube controllers at GameStop, David Hayter claims to not have recorded any Snake lines yet, a music update that gives a Metal Gear Solid flair to Mario, Final Destination rounds up this week’s Smash Blog updates, and a question from Zenjestr about current assist trophies we would like to see as playable characters
(3:04) TOP SMASH STORIES
• (3:11) Nintendo Direct delayed due to Hokkaido earthquake
• (8:52) Who is the most likely upcoming Smash Bros. character reveal?
• (15:36) David Hayter says he hasn’t recorded Snake lines yet
(16:59) RUMOR CENTRAL
• TIP (Shawzilla): Wireless Gamecube Controllers at GameStop?
(22:46) SMASH BLOG UPDATES
• (22:58) Ike
• (25:19) King Dedede
• (29:30) Fortress Boss (Super Mario Bros. 3)
• (32:46) Final Destination
• (35:36) Alolan Exeggutor
• (38:11) NOT POSTED
• Zenjestr: “If Sakurai had a special Fighter Ballot this time around where we could select any two KO’able assist trophies (so no Moon, Nintendog, Pong, etc.) as playable fighters, who would you EXPECT to win and who would you WANT to win.”