Hello, fans of Show Me Your News! As announced on Episode 159 of SMYN, we are holding a E3-themed contest that has a very simple premise!
– You will be presented with 50 statements regarding what may or may not occur at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. These are statements/questions that will be definitively answered “YES” or “NO” by the time the expo comes to a close.
– All you have to do is answer each question with “YES” or “NO,” as well as answer the tiebreaker question with a number.
– The hosts will reveal their answers on Episode 160 of SMYN, which we plan on setting up as a live call-in show, a la talk radio.
– The fan with the highest percentage of answers correct, as determined by the hosts at the end of E3, will be asked to be a guest on the post-E3 episode of Show Me Your News.
– You must submit your answers IN THIS THREAD for them to be valid. While this may seem like a draw to make fans register at our amazing community, it is also a method to ensure fair play, as it may be seen if you have edited your post (and your answers). It is simply a way to make sure cheating does not occur. And it makes it much easier for us to collect all the submissions and grade them after E3 ends.
– In order to be a guest on SMYN, you will need a working computer microphone and have no qualms (parental, etc.) with having a Skype call with us. This does not mean you cannot enter the contest, but if you win and are not able to be a guest for either of these reasons, we will have to consider the fan with the next highest score.
– Submissions must be entered a few hours before we go live for Episode 160 of SMYN. This will occur likely around Saturday, June 7th. Therefore, the sooner you submit your answers, the better chance you have of the deadline not passing you by. However, once you submit your entry, those are the answers we will stick with for your official submissions. Any edits that you make will be disregarded, as we will be able to view what you first typed in. Therefore, before submitting here, feel free to DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS WITH OTHER FANS in this thread HERE.
So with that, let’s reveal the questions involved and see who is blessed with an eye towards the future, after the jump!
– Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will open or close the conference
– A game will be shown during the conference that requires (not optional) Kinect controls
– SmartGlass functionality will be mentioned during the conference
– Halo 5: Guardians will be demoed on stage during the conference
– The rumored Master Chief Collection, with a collection of numbered Halo games on Xbox One, is true
– The recently price-cut and Kinect-less Xbox One is addressed during the conference
– A teaser trailer of the new Gears of War game for Xbox One is shown during the conference
– Microsoft mentions future virtual reality plans during the conference
– An old franchise from the studio Rare is rebooted on Xbox One
– Phil Spencer changes his outfit during the course of the conference
– A specific release date is mentioned for the U.S. public release of PlayStation Now
– Project Morpheus (PlayStation’s virtual reality system) is mentioned during the conference
– A new, exclusive Vita game (not a port or a remake) is announced during the conference
– Uncharted 4 has a presence at the conference
– A new God of War game is announced for PlayStation 4
– The Last of Us 2 (a brand new sequel/prequel, not the original game remastered on PS4) is announced
– Either Quantic Dream or Media Molecule reveal their new PlayStation 4 game
– PlayStation 4 makes a value move (price cut or included bundle) to counter Microsoft’s recent price cut
– A woman speaks on stage as a presenter during the conference
– The phrase “US dollars” is said during the conference
– Wii U gets some form of a hardware redesign or improvement
– A Wii U game is shown during the Digital Event that can use two Gamepads
– The Miiverse smartphone app is mentioned during the Digital Event
– More than one character is officially revealed for Super Smash Bros.
– Nintendo’s Near Field Communication (NFC) figures are specially integrated with Super Smash Bros.
– The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U features motion control, as previously seen in Skyward Sword
– A new game project helmed by Shigeru Miyamoto is revealed during the Digital Event
– Another Gamecube game will get a Wii U HD remake and it is shown during the Digital Event
– Plans for (one of the following) DS, N64, or Gamecube games on Wii U Virtual Console are revealed during the Digital Event
– The phrase “Up until now” is said during the Digital Event
– Square Enix gives Final Fantasy XV a release month for the U.S.
– A new game in one of the following franchises is revealed: Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead
– Metal Gear Solid V will have a new trailer shown at either the Microsoft or Sony conference
– Capcom reveals a new Resident Evil game
– EA reveals the next brand-new Mass Effect game
– The Wii U is completely absent during EA and Ubisoft’s conferences
– Ubisoft ends their conference with a new game reveal (one not already confirmed to exist by Ubisoft) again
– Grand Theft Auto V makes the jump to Xbox One and PlayStation 4
– Destiny has a stage demo during either the Microsoft or Sony conference
– A game is revealed in a series, in which its last title installment was released at least 10 years ago
IS THIS THE YEAR FOR (News Regarding/A Reveal Of…)
– The Last Guardian
– Star Fox (Wii U)
– Metroid (Wii U or 3DS)
– Fallout 4
– The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (3DS)
– Crash Bandicoot
– Pokkén Fighters (Pokémon fighting game on Wii U)
– Beyond Good and Evil 2
How many times will “Xbox” be verbally said (not visually shown) during Microsoft’s conference?
Good luck and happy predicting!